PREPARE/ENRICH is a customized couple assessment completed online that identifies a
couple's strength and growth areas. It is one of the most widely used programs for
premarital counseling and premarital education. It is also used for marriage counseling,
marriage enrichment, and dating couples considering engagement. Based on a couple's assessment results,
a trained facilitator provides 3-4 feedback sessions in which the facilitator helps
the couple discuss and understand their results as they are taught proven relationship skills.
Over the last 30 years, the PREPARE/ENRICH relationship assessment has
empowered and energized more than 3 million couples. We're the #1
relationship inventory and couples assessment tool.
There are several goals of the PREPARE/ENRICH Program. In order to achieve these
goals there are exercises designed to help couples improve their relationship skills.
The program helps couples:
- Explore strength and growth areas
- Strengthen communication skills
- Identify and manage major stressors
- Resolve conflict using the Ten Step Model
- Develop a more balanced relationship
- Explore family of origin issues
- Discuss financial planning and budgeting
- Establish personal, couple and family goals
- Understand and appreciate personality differences
What relationship areas are assessed by the Inventory?
- 12 Relationship Scales -- communication, conflict resolution, roles, sexuality, finances, spiritual beliefs and more
- 5 SCOPE Personality Scales
- 4 Couple and Family Scales -- based on the Circumplex Model
- 4 Relationship Dynamic Scales
- 30 Customized Scales
Is the PREPARE/ENRICH Program valid and reliable?
An important strength of the PREPARE/ENRICH Inventory is their strong psychometric properties. High levels of reliability and validity have been found for each instrument, making them valuable tools for research as well as clinical use.
- National Norms based on over 500,000 couples
- High Levels of Validity and Reliability
PREPARE has validity in that it discriminates premarital couples that get divorced from those that are happily married with about 80-85% accuracy. Reliability is high (alpha reliability of .80 - .85).
The inventory has been utilized by over 100,000 trained clergy members, professional
counselors, mentors, and marriage educators throughout the U.S.
Over 3 million couples have taken a PREPARE/ENRICH inventory and worked through their
results under the guidance of one of our trained facilitators.